Wednesday, May 12, 2010

RC, you know it's lame when...

Rancho Cucamonga, the "Gateway to a Southern California Adventure," there are so many things to be said about this place. I called it home for many years (unlike my Ontario counterpart) and it will forever have a place in my heart.

Today is not the day to get into all the details of this place. But, it is the day to share with you a typical scene of boring I experienced today.

After another lazy day of unemployment spent with Vanessa at Victoria Gardens (the premier Inland Valley shopping centre) I was driving on Day Creek when I noticed flashing lights. As I appraoch I see three police cars with lights flashing, each car is empty with the officiers all standing outside talking. I'm thinking, "Oh snaps! Drug bust?" What else could possibly warrant three patrol cars? Now I should have remembered that I was in Rancho and that a drug bust is far more likely in Fontana or Ontario, but I let my imagination wander beyond logic. I tend to hope that there is more action in Rancho than there actually is, makes me feel like the city is more exciting and newsworthy.

Much to my dismay, I notice that a single car has been pulled over and the driver and passenger, both older women, do not look threatening nor like drug dealers.
What the heck? What a total let down, those police officers were just trying to pass another lame day in the suburbs. I suppose we are alike in that mission.

So, you know this city is lame when three officers are called to pull over late middle-aged women, and it was probably for a simple traffic violation.

1 comment:

  1. The other day, I was in a cab that got pulled over! Apparently, the cab had cut in front of all of the other cabs waiting patiently in the queue outside of the Metro station, though I didn't see him do this because I was coming up the escalator. The officer was originally going to give him a three-day suspension from the queue, but my cab driver clumsily talked himself into a three-week, and then four-week suspension! My point is, even police officers in D.C. have slow days. And, don't argue with police officers.

    ReplyDelete